Welcome


Hi! I’m somewhat astounded you’re here but thanks so much for stopping by. I’ll start by telling you about why I started this blog.

I’m a 38 year creative at a large advertising agency in a major city. I’m somewhat disillusioned by my industry and wondering how exactly I’m going to last another 20 years plus doing what I do. My industry is changing rapidly like the rest of the world and I’m afraid of being automated and aged out. I’m also done with the whole corporate bullshit. Basically, I’m burnt the fuck out already and looking for a different way to live. There has to be something out there better than the traditional rat race.

Simultaneously, I’ve always been a good saver. My parents were not frivolous, in fact, they were extremely frugal but due to ignorance with money as well as some foolish business mistakes, they struggled financially and because of this, I vowed I’d figure out how to be financially secure. I am lucky enough that at this point in my career, I’m just breaking 6 figures and after some researching, I figured out the basics and have max out my ROTH IRA and 401(k). I am not at a point where I have a little bit extra every month but I’m not sure what to do with it.

That being said, I’m also a normal woman. I like all the basic bitch shit. I love boutique fitness classes, travel, a nice pinot noir, designer jeans, etc. I’m looking to find a balance of being smart with my money and being frugal in ways that I can live with. I’m willing to sacrifice a bit now to secure my future but I am also not willing to be an insane cheapo who only eats rice and beans. Life is meant to be lived. But I’m also realistic about what that means…maybe that means I retire at 55 instead of 45 but it’s worth it to me as long as I’m enjoying my life the entire time.

I’ve just started my financial journey. I’m deep into books, blogs and podcasts and I have not felt this passionate about anything since Robyn’s last album. My mind is swimming with possibilities and I’m especially interested in the idea of long term investment rental properties. I’m here to join the community and meet people with similar interests—particularly women as most of the well-known financial voices tend to be bros (shout out to my girl Paula Pant who has already taught me so much). I’m excited to learn, ponder money philosophies and share my journey.

Now let’s make some money, bitches.


Comments